Another Story Of My Life

Thursday 20 March 2014

The Witch and The Golden Touch (and other stuff)

In my previous post, I wrote about our LGA 3104 assignment which was to stage a play (that actually carries only 30 marks, the hell).

Guess what? We got the highest mark. Oh yeah baby. We have 5 characters which were King Midas and his beloved Queen and Princess, the witch and the brave gardener. I took a role as an evil witch, who 
“actually in love with the King Midas, but he rejected her and chase her out from his kingdom and is now back to take revenge but fall in love with the gardener instead. The gardener actually in love with the queen and the princess is actually the witch daughter”
Our initial plan was this but since the play was for a year 4 kids, we couldn’t make it as twisted as we want so we just stick to the usual “repent-happy ending” story.

“The witch curse king - king become gold - queen ask for help - gardener help queen - gardener kill witch - curse broken - king repent - gardener marries princess - happy ending” Yup, that pretty much sums up our story. Blerggh I did not get a happy ending.

Ya know, I’ve been playing evil character since high school. Freaking evil character. It’s not like I am evil or what, it just that no one can play the evil character as good as me (seriously, this was what my friends told me in high school, and also here in IPG, oh God why). One time! Only one time I got the chance to play a good character. Which was during our Macbeth staging 3 years ago and I played a doctor. If I did the audition, I’d probably be playing Macbeth’s wife (maybe la okay), which was also evil. Gosh the dialogues to be memorized was so long I backed out during audition. I HATE MEMORIZING. I like spontaneous acting. Much easier.

I present you our Bollywood themed modern King Midas play characters

So, next next week is practicum. How do I feel? Mmmmmmmm.ok.
Next week holiday. Happy before agonizing maybe? 
We got book voucher today. TIME TO BUY BOOKS!!! 


lotsoftayalove
~taya~xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
COPYRIGHT RESERVED: TAYALDO 1992-UNTIL NOW