Another Story Of My Life

Thursday 19 December 2013

The Hand-me-down stuff

When I was a little girl, I used to think that any clothes will shrink to a smaller size. But even when I was a little child, I had my doubt and question like, “how the hell the clothes shrink? Ah, it must be because of the getah in the clothes.” You know, getah can stretch, become smaller and bigger. Stuff like that. Okay, I'm having trouble explaining this. Just think of it as latex. Eventually I learnt that the clothes did not shrink but it is us who grow up and become bigger.

Growing up as a second child, I don’t have many hand me down clothes because I don’t have sister. I have older brother. Now, my parents wouldn't want me to wear boy clothes do they? I grow up as a fashion criminal, meaning I don’t have sense of fashion. I don’t have anyone to teach and show me the proper fashion that I should follow. So I just wear anything that I think is good for me. It was embarrassing. I was very tacky. Gosh those years of embarrassment.

The first proper hand me down I got was from my high school teacher. It was my baju kuliah. 5 pairs of baju kurung total. Well, it is technically baju kurung but there is other appropriate name for it. Is it baju kurung kedah? I never bother to know the differences. I'm ignorant remember.

She gave me and my friend Ichel those baju kurung because she doesn’t wear it anymore. (Cause she have tons of baju kurung). I was very happy because I don’t have to buy baju kurung anymore. I was very lucky to have the same size as my teacher. I’ve been wearing the same baju kurung for 2 years. Yeah, talk about saving money. Hoho.

Recently, she gave me another batch of baju kurung. Yes, money saved! I don’t care if it’s a hand me down. It looks new to me. And I don’t care wearing hand me down. Nowadays with the cost of living keep increasing, naik sana, naik sini, gaji tidak naik pun, I accept anything people want to give me as long as it is free. Yes, saving money is my priority now.


Lots of love
~tayaldo~



2 comments:

  1. Same here...begged mom to turunkan hak her baju to me, fit just well lg tu, hahaha

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
COPYRIGHT RESERVED: TAYALDO 1992-UNTIL NOW