Another Story Of My Life

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Long Distance Relationship (LDR)

Long distance relationship or simply known as LDR, I’ve been meaning to talk about this for a long time. *Note that I am NO expert to talk about this since my LDR is not that far. Maybe Sabah to Perak to Johor. Not that far huh.

Since I am having withdrawal symptom from Reply 1994 – yeah, I watched the last episode yesterday and cried my heart out – I decided to talk about this cause I have nothing to watch now.  
In the drama, Najung and Trash’s relationship come to an end when they are in LDR. I especially like this particular scene with Najung’s narration about how they broken up.  
We were a very special couple. But in front of time, in front of life, that specialness was becoming very average. Like anyone, we were becoming negligent and like everyone, we became buried. Eventually we became accustomed to that negligence. Like that, we became a very un-special couple. And like that, without breaking up, we had broken up.
I love this scene because it somehow mirrored my relationship, minus the broken up part. (Cause Mr. BF and I are still together to this very moment). When a couple been together for a long time, there are some “things” they've accustomed with and that lead to negligence. And if that “things” are left unattended, it thus lead to separation.

But the good thing is, when a couple been around each other’s life for a long time, they become comfortable with each other and thus want to keep each other by their side because they know what their partner wants. (And it is also because we are lazy searching for other partner because then you have to begin the “process of knowing” from A to Z over and over again). Like my friend said, couple terlampau lama, break pun rasa lain, mau cari orang lain lagi. Biar sajala. I second this million times.

I’ve been in a LDR for about 3 years now. Ok, plus minus the holiday maybe 2 years. The only good things about LDR so far are:
  1. We are very happy to see each other after a long time.
  2. We treasure the time when we are together.
  3. It’s like we are new couple when we meet after a long time. You know shy shy.
  4. I love his presence more than anything.
  5. And other bunch of stuff. Haha.

Like I said, I am no expert in this LDR thingy, so maybe my experience differ from other LDR couples. Some said LDR is no good, but I think it depends on you, if you love your relationship so much and want it to last longer, you will always find ways to make it works. My LDR works because I am cool, jealousy aside and trust my partner.

And of course we fight sometimes, but we coolly shrug it off like it’s nothing. We are cool like that. Em on a second thought, maybe not, maybe I am cool like that (cause I don’t want to prolong our fight so I just say sorry first, everything will be fine, but I still win. why? cause women will always win no matter what) This may serve as good techniques to have long lasting relationship don’t you think?     

Team Chilbong until the end. It's been a great few months with you Reply 1994. 


Hey, New Year's coming
~taya~xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
COPYRIGHT RESERVED: TAYALDO 1992-UNTIL NOW