Another Story Of My Life

Saturday 5 December 2015

Of relationship and friendship

It is never easy being in a relationship. In faithful relationship at that. I’ve been cheated on, once, and since that incident, I’ve been building my relationship carefully to avoid myself being hurt again. The first time was enough. Although I was a kid at that time (the tender age of 16), the feeling of being cheated on hurts like a bitch. I don’t ever want to feel that feeling again. Also, you know when you broke up with someone, you also broke up with his friends? That also happened to me which sucks because I actually like being friend with his friends.

I was so grateful that my best friends were there with me when I got through the “mourning period”. They actually understand me even when I don’t say anything. I hate it when people pitied me but my best friends knew exactly what to do. Like for this one instance, we were walking down this corridor when my best friend suddenly spotted my ex-boyfriend walking at the other side of the corridor, he pulled me in and put his hand on my shoulder and pretend that we’re couple. I was shocked but I was so grateful I think I cried a little. (And yeah, my ex and I were schoolmate and my best friend was a guy, and he has girlfriend at that moment so get over it.)

Since that incident, I always put my friends first before my boyfriend. Like I always told my friends, “boyfriends come and go but best friends last forever”.

But of course I love my boyfriend (really, I love you). We’ve been together for 6 years now. I know one day, if God’s willing, we will get married. But who knows what will happen in the future right? I’ve heard story, some couples who have been in a relationship for 9 years or more eventually broke up. It makes me wary of my own relationship. People say faithfulness is very important in a relationship, I know that, but humans are weak. People change every day. I am not the same me 6 years ago. But as far as I’m concern, I will hold on to this relationship

As cheesy as I may seem (I got Goosebumps as I am writing this), I really truly hope that this relationship will everlasting. Maybe in 4 or 5 years’ time, I’ll be writing about another entry about us getting married, yeah? Only God knows. 

~tayaldo~
 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
COPYRIGHT RESERVED: TAYALDO 1992-UNTIL NOW